FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn 50% more Aeroplan Miles anywhere you travel
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:45 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
MISSING 50% BONUS PROMO etc

I have been battling this with Aeroplan for weeks now
This is the THIRD episode of promo AND threshold miles not posting.
I spoke with at least 5 agents and supervisors in 2 different cities and I can tell you this from my experience:

1. some of the agents know nothing and will give you any answer they can think will make you go away. I think many or most of us on FT know more than they do, which is sad really. One agent could not tell the difference between the 75% AQM Promo miles and the 50% non-AQM bonus miles

2. You will get different answers from different people

3. If you are pleasant and persistent, you might finally get someone who may help or who will say: "There was a problem with this promo and the miles should be posted by the end of October."

4. When I realized 2 agents had no idea what I was talking about and clearly were not trained in the art of customer service, I called again. This is what the agent said: "I see on your file you've already called and it is noted and we will look into it. You can't keep calling back and expecting a different answer."

So my friends, the lesson is be nice, be persistent, keep calling, get the name of the agents you speak to. Maybe one day Aeroplan will come to understand that we are customers and you DO NOT treat us like we are unwelcome guests.