FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Purchase Reservation in Error / Discussion best flexible vs. adv. purchase rate
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:41 am
chrism20

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Thanks all for the quick responses.

They pulled the Web session log which showed a non refundable rate (they say). At this point I'm willing to believe that was possible but I am bewildered that they are so unwilling to help. I contacted them immediately after seeing the charge to notify them of the error... The reservation is two months away, not next week... This is money I literally need to buy groceries with. I simply cannot believe that even if I am 100% to blame here they are unwilling to see that sometimes people make mistakes and show some compassion.
I've been here as well, thankfully my one was only for one night and the hotel was cheap as chips.

The attitude you're getting unfortunately is the norm, whilst you may be genuine I bet there is at least a handful of calls to each hotel every week with the same issue, many of them not genuine like yourself.

Do you still have the booking confirmation email? That confirms the rate you booked and will also detail the cancelation procedures/charges.

If you do and it states the rate can be cancelled get on the phone and ask what's going on, I'd also be looking at compensation for the stress caused - a minimum of one nights worth of points for that property possibly more.

If it is an advance purchase rate that's been booked unfortunately there isn't much more you can do and what the hotel is suggesting is actually quite fair as they don't have to do anything. Not what you wanted to hear I know but they could just turn around and say 'you cancel you lose the lot'.

First things first dig out the confirmation email and check that, hopefully they have made the mistake and not you.