FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The door is open - will Westjet jump at the chance
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:36 pm
AgileMark

Programs: SE, SPG Plat & Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I rest my case.
I don't disagree with anything that you said. I am not trying to be "Elitist"

I am truly considering leaving AC and just trying to do some diligence before I do. I certainly don't expect J class and not particularly concerned, especially since upgrades on AC are pretty much a thing of the past. So I am focused on some of the remaining big things for me, which would include a quiet area to work in the lounge, and legroom.

I like the idea of the simplified rewards program based on cash rather than the mysteries of points that periodically get devalued.

I realize that Westjet can't handle my international travel, so I am trying to get a picture of what travel to Canada and US would be like wrt connections, price.

The other thing I am looking into is replacing my Aeroplan card. So I looked at the Westjet MC, but that doesn't give me the lounge access, which is why I made the comment. I'll check into Amex Platinum, but it means that my rewards are split into yet another program. If there was an Amex card for Westjet, that would be sweet.