FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Amex Blue (2013-2014)
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:07 pm
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by sunnyface2011
In my case, both spouse and I have own OBC. Both the card quit MS a month ago after last statement (no MS at all, only regular spending on spouse card). Although the most recent use of spouse's OBC was on 10/12, that card was cancelled Last Friday afternoon on 10/24. Mine is still open with statement closing date today, only one transaction on 9/30 since last statement, but still worry about that it can be cancelled anytime.

Tried to close it today to avoid negative record but was offered $75 credit to keep it open. So accepted the offer and leave it open. Maybe it is not a wise idea. Every time looking at my email I am nervous about the Cancellation email, maybe really not worth it if bothering me this much.
No CC should give you that much headache. If you are that paranoid, I would just apply for a different CC right now to use as a replacement. At some point you need to move on. Its not the end of the world. If you really can't live without your drugstore fix, then apply for the Wells Fargo card which gives you 5% on drugstores, supermarkets for 6 months.