FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC says Elites "cheapen" their business class
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:41 pm
yulred

Originally Posted by Sebring
The funny thing for me is how a lot of people who do leave have a habit of hanging around this forum like crack addicts looking for their dealer.
Around this forum? Or on this issue?

I'm not a fan of AC. Sadly, living in this country, whether I like it or not, I end up flying AC at some point regardless. Various things it does do (carry on bag changes, for example - over the years, AC has done a spectacular job of making me avoid checked in baggage) have an impact on me. I'm not going to suffer it quietly just because I switched my personal longhaul flying to TK.

To the extent that I can, I've voted with my wallet. Of the 60k odd miles I've flown on *A carriers over the past 12 months, 32k have been with TK, 18k with UA and around 8.5k with AC. Out of those 8.5k miles, I've paid for only one round trip shorthaul this year (using Avion). The rest have been paid for by my employer. As a general principle, I don't feel entitled to choosing my airline when flying for work; if my employer chooses WS or PD or UA or AC, so be it. If benefits accrue, great. If not, meh.

Originally Posted by Sebring
I have never had anything bad to say about people who move their business to where they feel they will be better/best treated/respected.
You've had plenty to say about how much choice people have to "move their business to where they feel they will be better/best treated/respected." Suffice it to say, you've never come across as being awfully enamored by the idea of people actually choosing where they want to spend their money, especially if it hurts AC.

That aside, this meltdown has been ... fascinating. I have a quick-fix solution in mind - throw the skies open - even cabotage. AC won't like it, but it will let some of the folk here "move their business to where they feel they will be better/best treated/respected." Might even force AC to fight to retain their 'loyalty'.