FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC says Elites "cheapen" their business class
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:24 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Sebring
The funny thing for me is how a lot of people who do leave have a habit of hanging around this forum like crack addicts looking for their dealer.

Listen, it's business. I used to be loyal to Bell - for decades - but someone came along with better telecom offers. I switched. No hard feelings. It's not like they owed me anything for my loyalty. I got my service, I paid my bill. Service... payment. Airline gets me from point A to point B, sometimes someone other than myself is paying the fare, too. Service... payment.

I have never had anything bad to say about people who move their business to where they feel they will be better/best treated/respected. I also make more use than ever of fares that don't give me any points or benefits - because I pay for most of my own tickets and consider my after-tax cash retained to be the ultimate reward.

Brand loyalty, like life-time jobs, is a thing of the past. Just do what is in your own best interest without behaving like the proverbial outraged virgin. If AC or any other carrier cheapens the benefits, or raises fares, just make an objective choice. It gets tiring listening to some complaints from people who felt they were chained to AP like some kind of consumer Stockholm Syndrome and are only now being liberated. Just move on and don't have any regrets.
So why does AC still call this group its "loyalty team"?