FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:19 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dfe
This is my 16th stay here over two + years and the high rise construction next door has been going on the entire time. Has never been a problem for me, but fair enough to give the warning to those who might be unaware.
My advice might have been slightly off the mark. When I was there in March, the construction was active, but I did not notice it as much as I did this time. My assumption was the construction had been slowed at that time because of the protests or they were just at a noisier phase now. Now I'm thinking it might be something different.....

In March, I was on the same floor as the CL, facing away from BTS, on the side of the hotel. This time, I was on the 12th floor, in a corner room, with the crane a couple feet outside the window. What floor are you on? Might it be that people should be advised that higher floors are a good idea right now? Obviously, you and I were there at the same time, early Sunday morning, and I definitely heard a constant sound like a hammer hitting metal, which I did not hear the last time, when I was on a higher floor. You couldn't have just slept through what I was hearing without noticing it. Helen Keller would have noticed it.