FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do people like/buy apple ?
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:46 am
darkhunter

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by pricesquire

On a serious note, count me in as one of those who like them 'because they just work'

I had PCs for the first 20 years of my life. My experience was they worked for 6-12 months, then they became bogged down with thousands of needless files/folders, ran slow, became virus ridden, and were shoddy/needlessly clunky versions of what Mac was putting out.

In addition to 'they just work' - I like:

Aesthetics/style

Easy of use

Simplicity

iPhone product in general

MacBook product in general

I'm sure I have another half dozen reasons, just too lazy to get into another long winded debate about it.
Fair enough, I have never used apple long term so maybe over the course of "years" an apple product would work better than a PC product.

But to me I still feel like anything "works" I personally do not see how apple is so much easier to use ? You turn on any device and don't they all get you on the internet and run the same apps really ?

I guess if someone has basically always been apple all their life and everything they own is the apple format then maybe life is a lot easier. You do not need to convert anything, its all already in itunes, etc.

I dunno fair enough to that. I guess I am not sure though why anyone would get locked into that so badly though. I just feel like you get so much more value elsewhere just the things like removable memory.

It just seems like people could do better on a non-apple platform and to me those devices are just as easy to use.