FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:45 am
nongsom

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by toddml
I am afraid while in principal what you say makes sense it doesnt really work in my experineces at least.

I would never use SNA's for a important event as they are simply not reliable enough so for a birthday or honeymooon its pointless.
+1
If need something for sure i will not bet with SNA,but if i need more chance try SNA

A hotel could indeed preupgrade more than 5 days in advance but most hotels do not do this as they only tend to look at reservations coming up in next couple of days. Plus there will be some value from SPG for a cleared SNA to a hotel so it is more in their interest to have an SNA upgrade than just a Plat upgrade.
+1 this is reason why regular upgrade of plat are significant decrease.
Hotel will get some value back from SPG.
Hotel GM is responsible for income so this is the easiest way to increase they in come compare with previous plat upgrade.

Thus is I am a Plat that stays 50 nights a year I can upgrade 20% of my stays with SNAs, if like I you stay 100 nights a year you can have 10% upgraded and if your nearer 150 nights like me then its just pathetic.
So there are plat75 (4th*point,Your24) and plat100(Ambassador,Maybe useless by someone). Everything are have consequence you reduce of plat upgrade but get plat75 and plat100 benefits.

Now this is bad enough but my biggest issue is that before the SNA's existed there was a reasonable chance of getting an upgrade when you arrived at a hotel, now more often than not they do not upgrade because SNA's have taken the rooms and thus normal upgrades on arrival are decreased as well.

So while yes I agree it is possible for a hotel to help its regular stay guests by pre-upgrading more than 5 days ahead this means firstly you must book at least 5 days ahead where you stay the most but also means the hotel has to decide to proactively look at its guests arriving more than 5 days ahead.

Even if some hotels do this it does mean at any hotel you do not stay at regularly your chances of an upgrade without SNA's has been reduced considerably and the more you stay the lower percentage of stays you can use SNA's as demonstrated above and thus the more loyal you are the less the SNA system rewards you.
+1 that exactly right in today situation.
Did you believe in Equal Exchange Theory/Rule ?
When you got something you will loose something.
Before SNA,Plat75,Plat100 you get more regular Upgrade
After SNA,Plat75,Plat100 you get less regular Upgrade compensate with
4th*points,Your24 and Ambassador.

Loyalty program aim to maximize reward customer who generate highest income.