FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Charlotte & Le Meridien Charlotte North Carolina
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:48 pm
FBKSan

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Just completed a stay here this past week. It looks like they're close, and they were making active progress on the Le Meridien side lobby the days I was there. The Sheraton side lobby was attractive; couldn't really tell how the Le Meridien side would turn out, but it looks like it'll be consistent.

Our room was on the Le Meridien side, and the front desk told me both towers had been updated. Our room was fine and had some nice touches, but overall I was disappointed by the lack of attention to detail. The wallpaper was either old or, if new, done pretty poorly in some places (peeling, etc.) They hadn't (yet) replaced air handling grilles in the main room or bathroom, so while the new bathroom tile/fixtures were nice, the dirty, rusted grille added a certain shabbiness that was disappointing.

The front desk staff was pretty unimpressive, too. The night we arrived we learned they had the water shut off to our tower during the day, so we had no hot water at first--and the water we did have was copper colored. I called the desk and they suggested I run the water. When I said I had done so, they said they'd send someone up. We never saw the maintenance person, and the front desk never called back. When I called again, they said to continue to let the water run. Eventually get got hot (and clear) water, but some kind of follow up from the front desk would have been great.

This may be a great renovation in the end, but I'm not particularly eager to go back, based on my stay.

Last edited by FBKSan; Oct 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm