FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:18 pm
LtKernelPanic

Originally Posted by rriopel432
People that try to have a conversation with you when your eyes are closed and you've got your headphones in.
Oh man that was the guy on my last ORD-PHX flight that had to tell me all about his mission trips. Listen I have nothing against mission trips and have heard great stories from friends who have done them but I don't know you from Adam so I really don't give two turds about your trip. Finally I told him I'd been up since 0330 to catch my first flight and was having problems keeping my eyes open, put on my headphones and attempted to go to sleep. I wish I'd remembered you could use personal devices during takeoff before he started yammering on.

The pax I'd like to have strangled the most wasn't actually sitting next to me on the plane (Thank $DEITY) but a loudmouth at the gate who couldn't understand how our departure from Phoenix was delayed by weather when it was clear and sunny out. Apparently he couldn't grasp that huge line of thunderstorms between in the inbound aircraft's departure airport and Phoenix may be related to said delay. Hey sparky haven't you noticed the distinct lack of an aircraft at the gate?