FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:38 pm
thexfactor

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
basically if you voluntarily miss any segment, for whatever reason, you should assume the ticket auto-cancels. (voluntary meaning within your control, and not that of the operating airline(s). This would include being late to the airport because you didn't allow sufficient time.)

Whether or not an airline would be willing to carry you, or make arrangements for you to connect with the remainder of the ticket is up to them.

Some countries have consumer protection in place (flat tire rules etc, or the ability to use coupons out of sequence). But I'm not sure that applies in either SIN or HKG.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!
Thanks for the input.

Perhaps this isn't the right thread (though no sure what would be), but I was hoping someone had first-hand knowledge.

Assuming CX would agree to put me on the next flight, would it be too late at that point? Would the carrier in HKG (assuming it is not CX) give me issues at that point because I missed the first segment? Meaning I'd have to fight at each subsequent leg and be at the mercy of each airline?

(I know, I should just aim not have a flat tire, but I'm curious.)