FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United cancels flight two months in advance
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:31 am
mduell
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Connecting through EWR and DEN in December? Wow, definitely not advisable with schedule constraints.

Originally Posted by PlzNo
What makes me laugh is that if I had something come up in my life where I needed to change my flights, I'd need to pay United $200, yet it seems that they have a lot more... latitude when it comes to flight changes.
Yes; you and the airline agreed to this arrangement when you agreed to purchase the ticket.

Do I have a right to a refund of my fare if United now has no options that will get me there on the 16th (they do not)?
Yes, you can typically get a full refund if the departure or arrival time changes by more than ~2 hours.

According to Google, United miles are worth about 1.8-2 cents per mile, so let's call it 1.9 cents.
To some travellers; not to United.

told me that there are problems with the number of flights to Cabo and seemed to blame it on Cabo (but none of the other airlines appear to have problems)
I can't wait to get a new schedule in a week to evaluate the Truthiness of this claim.