FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 am
SPLP007

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
One more issue, a complicated one.

When my wife to a local Chase branch to apply for the 70K offer (when it was offered in branch only) a couple months ago, the bank's computer system was having problems so the business banker applied via Chase.com on their computer. She assured us that my wife would get the full 70K even though the online public link was for 50K only. My wife was approved, and when the card arrived, we called Chase to make sure the 70K offer would be honored like the banker said. They said they would review it, and we got an official answer from them in the mail about a week later-- they wanted me to contact them when she reaches $5K spend, and they would give us 10K extra points and waive the first year annual fee; in short, that's like taking $95 instead of 10K. I called again, and they wouldn't budge. It's not a bad offer, but not the offer we were promised. I contacted the banker at the branch, and she again assured us that when we hit the $5K spend, she would ensure we got the full 70K, despite what Chase told me. I spoke with her recently, and she said she worked things out with Chase and the full points would post in December.

Today her statement closed and only 50K posted as expected. Should I rely on the banker and wait til December statement closes (12/23) or should I contact Chase? I'm worried that if the banker's guarantee falls through, the 2 month delay will cause Chase to withdraw their offer to give my wife the extra 10K. What would you do?
Need to be proactive on this ( or do as my last paragraph ), I do not believe banker has it under control also i think she does not have the power she thinks she has -- since wife did the spend the credit card area can post the difference as good will of some type and those points will show up on her account immediately -- no need to wait till Dec -she needs to visit bank and make the call to Ink in front of banker --speak only to a supervisor at Ink and have banker handle call after you explain to ink supervisor the story -banker has an employee nbr to ID her to ink

if this does not work do not let the offer of 10k and no fee they offered get away --to me it is now like a 60k with no fee --you can take the $95 you save and go to staples by 13 $200 gift cards and get 13k points for a total of
50+10+ 13 =73k ALL with NO AGGRAVATION at same $95 cost