FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips on how to convince a lounge dragon...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:49 am
pomkiwi

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
Excuse you.

I have a right to complain just as much as the next person. Although age is important in this complaint, I should not be discriminated or threatened because of it, no?
Of course you have a right to complain (and have exercised that right). I'm not sure that EKs rule on ages for unaccompanied access to lounges amounts to discrimination even if it could be more clearly stated. I completely fail to see that you have been threatened because of your age (or in any ther way to be honest).

This is something that you have written / complained about in the past and EK have been consistent in the application of this rule in DXB in your case. It seems certain that they are not about to change their approach on this one. It clearly bothers you (and I have some sympathy with the issue if not with the exagerated language).

I believe that much of your travel is between SA and the UK. Have you checked if either BA or SAA has the same lounge policy? If they don't maybe you should give them a try until you reach 18 (or at least until the EK lounge supervisors have forgotten you).

Last edited by pomkiwi; Oct 24, 2014 at 1:20 am