FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reseated due to Infant/Bassinet
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:22 pm
Loren Pechtel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Goalie, I see things differently. The OP didn't move because of a bassinet. He was asked to, declined, and was not reseated. So the bassinet part of the story is only background.

The OP was asked to move because another passenger didn't want to sit next to him. I think it's reasonable to discuss if there are ever any reasons where United should move one passenger because another one doesn't want them there, and if so, what those reasons might be.
When the passenger is doing something that offends the other person. I would have no problem with the FAs moving someone who wouldn't take no for an answer in a pickup attempt.

However, his mere existence isn't offensive even if she wants to breastfeed.

Originally Posted by zombietooth
This happened to me in BF, row 8, a few months ago. I refused to move and nothing happened to me.

Breastfeeding wasn't an issue in my case, they just wanted my seat in the center pair because they had two babies (they only paid for two seats, but evidently wanted the use of three--something was said about there not being enough oxygen masks in the side pair as the excuse) and I said no because I am too tall for the BF seats in all but row 1 and 8.

They worked-out something where the couple was split to opposite sides of the cabin, and I felt no guilt at all. If they want to use three seats, they should pay for three seats.
Yeah--you can't have two lap babies in one row unless the other seat is empty. It's not legal to fly without one mask per passenger. They tried to game the system, the system should never have allowed it, good for you for standing up to them.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 25, 2014 at 7:08 pm Reason: multi-quote should be used