FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reseated due to Infant/Bassinet
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:22 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Goalie, I see things differently. The OP didn't move because of a bassinet. He was asked to, declined, and was not reseated. So the bassinet part of the story is only background.

The OP was asked to move because another passenger didn't want to sit next to him. I think it's reasonable to discuss if there are ever any reasons where United should move one passenger because another one doesn't want them there, and if so, what those reasons might be.
I'm going to allow a very brief (n.b. very brief as in this time only with anything else to be discussed in private) discussion of moderator actions as I think clarification is needed w/r/t to my moderator note.

Comments were made w/r/t breast feeding (pro, con, do it/don't do it at the seat, do it/don't do it in the lav, it's gross, it's natural and etc) and that is not part of this discussion-discussing what happened to the OP as a result of the action/inaction of UA employees is what this thread is about.

goalie
UA Forum Co Moderator