FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:46 pm
frogdog51

I've been hired again!

So, Chase "fired" me last September....closed all my credit card accounts (6 total). I think it was for a combination of buying tons of Chase Visa GC's and the whole HIGC fiasco last year. Luckily, I had all points transferred out of UR to Hyatt before the shutdown(s).

For the heck of it, I included a couple Chase cards in my quarterly "app-o-rama" starting last December. Surprising, I was "approved" each time for at least one card BUT...before the cards were ever activated I'd get a letter saying something like..."negative relationship with Chase" or something to that effect. Well, I decided to apply for the Ink Bold and British Airways card in my most recent round of applications and, was approved (as usual). Then the cards came a few days later..they weren't shut down. So I spent some money that met the minimum spend requirement for the bonuses...accounts still open. Finally, the statement closed on both cards and I got the bonus points/miles...immediately transferred toe UR to Hyatt and BA should be safe where they are. Accounts are still both open...more than a month now. So, those of you who have been "blackballed" there's hope that you don't have to wait years to be back on good terms with them.

Now, they could close the accounts again tomorrow...but I've already moved points out so I'd good with that.