FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:12 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pokfur
Hi stifle, thanks for your reply! Just to clarify - I get off the E90 via the airbridge into the terminal, then from there, look for a bus to take me straight to T4S? Or exit via the backsteps of the aircraft straight onto the bus?
Originally Posted by stifle
I don't know exactly as whenever I've used an LCY-MAD or v/v service it's been T4S. When I've done LHR-MAD on IB it is a case of exiting via the back steps.
When I flew LCY to T4S they did not put on a bus, and my feeling is that is an IB metal special, bearing in mind their focus on getting people onto Latin America's long haul services. It would not make operational sense to provide such a bus for BACF from T4 to T4S since overwhelmingly most passengers, of a relatively small load, would be point to point, or at most going domestically on IB. In which case the new arrangement is great.

Therefore I think you're going to plan on using passports, walking to the transit (T4 is absolutely vast), passports again, then taking the lifts. Incidentally they seem to "simplify" the airport, so you will probably be looking for zones off the passenger information screens, it's not as simple as saying "this way to T4S", more like follow the signs to zone M, R, S or U.