FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:34 pm
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
The French couple who got reseated next to me on a CDG-JFK flight a couple years ago. I can only assume their house burned down the night before because they smelled like a bonfire and had clearly lost their deodorant. Oh, and their friend the flight attendant who thought it was perfectly acceptable to have long conversations with them where she leaned from the aisle to rest her lower arm on the back of their seats, meaning that her arm pit was repeatedly within a few inches of my face.

I spent the entire flight holding a scarf across my face.

My mother, who was sitting across the aisle from me, would tell you that the passengers next to her were even worse. Loud, drunk, Russian couple in their 60s who wanted to talk to her the entire time, and she repeated had to remove his hand from her arm, etc.

We couldn't get off that plane fast enough.
We were once seated next to an elderly woman who didn't understand that the little TVs were "personal" devises. She watched a series of comedies, laughing loudly while punching me in the ribs with her elbow when she thought I should be laughing as well. Never understood that we weren't watching the same thing. Given her sort of "garlicky" smell we also believe she may have had sausages strapped to her thighs. My daughter was once seated in the middle of a group of Russian men who broke out their duty-free vodka and eventually became rather frisky. Luckily the flight wasn't full and she was able to decamp to another seat.