FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx
Thread: VISA Buxx
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:13 am
unkinected

Originally Posted by rmunson1
For Oct, prior to today, I had one day (10/9) of loading at WM Customer Service.
USB Buxx 2x$1000 onto Serve
USB Buxx 2x$1000 onto BB

Today, I tried round 2.
Many attempts, repeated fails 1x$1000 USB Buxx onto BB
One attempt, successful, 2x$1000 USB Buxx onto Serve.

The customer swipe pad indicated pending, then approved, then all of a sudden the 1/2 inch paper prints out that indicates the transaction failed. Tender not allowed.

I then tried a $500 VGC and the customer swipe pad threw up a signature screen briefly before descending into a failed transaction, tender not allowed.

I then tried $500 VGC at a regular cashier and got the same effect.

Since I was successful with Serve, I tend to discount the likelihood of operator error.

I know every step of the way is YMMV, and different WM may be different. But, my conclusion is that between 10/9 and 10/21 WM cash register software changed such that it recognizes USB Buxx (for BB) and VGC up front and kicks it out, where before it worked.

If anyone has suggestions other than 'try another WM' I am very interested. Big problem if I can't unload Buxx or VGC onto BB. Thx.

WM was in Martinez, CA
IIRC, if the terminal says approved but then spits out a declined receipt, it means the issue is on the card issuer's side. USB may have blocked the transaction for some reason. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong there)

Did you do the payment override step for the VGCs? This is still necessary, depending on the type of VGC. Note that some terminals won't even allow the override step.

Last edited by unkinected; Oct 22, 2014 at 8:21 am