FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:37 am
mattp1987

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Although we laugh about the SC improvements, I haven't been to The Club nearly as often since they were implemented. I used to head to F even on a 90 minute layover. Now, I'll just have some food and a Jack and Coke in the SC. However, in Boraxo's case where he or she is already in F, I'd probably go for The Club assuming complimentary access to both. Last time I was in F I actually picked the SC, but that was because it was about 9am on a beautiful summer morning, and I wanted to drink coffee on the SkyDeck.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Club at ATL is a PP lounge too. IIRC it also serves LH elite/premium passengers; IME there's almost always a LH staff member in LH uniform at the reception desk to help LH passengers.

AFAIK you cannot bring in outside food, although The Club serves a nice variety of free reasonably high quality food. However, their free wine selection seems the same as the free selection in the SC, also served by a bartender who is sometimes busy but tends to act pleasantly surprised when a tip is offered.

The Club is nice, but if you must pay and can enter the SC for free, I'd certainly take the F (or other convenient and reasonably nice) SC and save the money unless I had an unusually long connection and wanted to lounge hop a bit to avoid boredom.
Agreed on all points here. In addition to LH, it also serves as a contract lounge for BA. The prevalence of LH and BA passengers might have something to do with the surprise over tips; the majority of customers are probably used to the European model of self-serve drinks in lounges as well less tipping in general. I've noticed that as well, and it certainly helps with getting quick service. I don't care for the wine selection either, but at least they have one local beer (Sweetwater 420).