FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer Service? What Customer Service?
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:39 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Lucky you... I wish Amazon would open a Swedish shop - I have no idea why they don't? Sweden is the perfect market for mail orders.

All the existing webshops I know off are so bad, offering a very limited products (only what they think someone needs) and are more expensive than ordering through Amazon and accept the extra shipment and handling costs. I wonder how all those shops survive.
I think Sweden is very backward in a lot of ways - from using new medicine to post order. You can't email them about bank related question even with e-legitimation. They are still using mail order catelogue - think about all those thick catelogue you receive from Biltema/ikea! The big Jul catelog (the one where kids go around and ask people to order things from them) is a joke.

I doubt that amazon would be able to get into this tiny market - with only 8.5 million people - 1/10 of the German population, why bother? Also in Sweden I doubt that amazon can offer free/cheapish shipping. In Germany you can do Hermes paket for 3,1 EUR, for 6 EUR you can do DHL up to 10 kg. I doubt that you can get the same price here in Sweden.