FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CCR vs The Wing = Boring
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:41 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ripley5000
In my experience of about a dozen visits to F wing and CCR, I would say the food in the HKG F wing is way above the CCR. F Wing food is more up to the standard of an actual restuarant rather than a cafeteria (which is what CCR is like) Food in CCR is very average - in fact I much prefer eating at Plane Food in LHR.

Service is also better in the Wing.
I will agree like for like service is better in the wing it is still hit and miss though.

I would not describe the Wing food as restaurant quality in any way shape or form. The average Sunday brunch buffet in an Asian hotel will have a far better selection of nicer food. It is better than the T5 and T3 Flounge that is true but that isn't a high bar to hit.

A quick perusal of my posts here will show me as a fierce and vigorous BA critic. There are many better lounges in the world than the CCR but the Wing (in my own experience) is not one of them. One of the best is the JFK CCR though which is in most respects significantly better than the F Wing. Only the wing shower facilities are better.