FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:12 pm
Peppep

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
(b) I am pretty sure will not work at all
Really no chance at all, even with an involuntary downgrade? Would that also apply if it was a cash ticket?

I just realized that I potentially could try this twice - both at LHR check-in, since they would check me in all the way to EZE, and at JFK check-in after US customs. Although the BA staff can't do anything directly, they could possibly call the TAM staff/ticketing office at Heathrow? I have no idea if my chances are 0,1%, 5% or 50%, though at that point I'll have nothing to lose. Best case: I'll get rebooked (and earn miles ), worst case: status quo.

(a) If there is no availability, then you will likely be out of luck ; if you can get rebooked onto a BA flight, then pretty sure that you will be assessed the curent fees
I'm already on BA flights on BGO-LHR-JFK and GIG-LHR-BGO on the return. The change in terms of BA flights could be having LHR-GRU-EZE instead of LHR-JFK-GRU-EZE. But I suppose the entire ticket would be repriced, even if I just change the JJ part of it (for instance to AA F) and keep the BA flights?

I know that at least back in the *A days, USDM could call partners and have them open up extra seats in situations like this one. Isn't that the case anymore?