FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the last BD gold?
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:05 pm
BigVince76

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Who will be the last BD gold?

Tomorrow I will be making my last planned visit to the LHR Flounge, courtesy of my status match when BA took over BMI. My card expires soon and so it is relegation to Silver for me. Despite doing quite a bit of flying this year I usually travel down the back so I only managed to get 535 TPs. It is very hard for a leisure traveller to maintain BA status from economy so maybe next year I will need to do a TP run to keep my silver card.

Anyway my question is how many other BD scroungers are still clinging on in there and how long before the real BA golds get their lounge back? My card expires at the end of November but I have no other LHR flights planned, who will be the last BMI gold to leave the flounge?

It has been fun and I have enjoyed the flounge on my many visits but it is time to say goodbye to G&T sorbet and flounge burgers. I am not looking forward to the fighting for a seat in the Galleries club.

On the up side I have earned a bucket load of avios from all my flights so that has taken care of the honeymoon next year, CCR here we come!