FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:18 am
Mooha182

Lost Luggage Reimbursement woes

AA Lost my bags for 3 days (funny part is they were "priority" bags) while while on a military transfer from one temporary duty (TDY) location to another. $250 was authorized for expenses (I am military, I HAD TO buy new uniform items).

One of my two receipts from the on-base store was an ereceipt as their printer was malfunctioned and didn't print my physical copy. I sent both the one original receipt and the printed copy of my ereceipt but knew there was going to be problems so I sent a signed and dated letter stating that one was a ereceipt and why.

Problem: AA sent me a check for only the original receipt of $114 and still screwed me over. This is completely pathetic.They don't have a phone line to call and it appears they don't give a dam about what is mailed to them. Who can I call to get this fixed? I am about to leave for about another month of travel (hopefully not on AA!) and wanted to get this fixed ASAP.

I don't fly AA except for when work purposes (all of my personal travel is done on United) and I have had numerous issues with AA before.