creampuff

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
New Itin, any comments?

Originally Posted by pandaperth
done4: Zar 58,940
done5: Zar 67,880
done6: Zar 80,500
Thanks.

The ban on infants on the lap in Lan Chile business class was a show-stopper for my old itinerary involving flying to South America and to/from Easter Island on Lan.

I wasn't prepared to buy a seat for my son when all other airlines are OK with him on the lap and I wasn't prepared to downgrade my Lan Chile legs to economy when I'm paying for business class either.

I've reworked the itinerary departing from JNB instead of Cairo as per the original plan and deleted all the Lan Chile flights except for SCL-GIG which I don't think I can avoid.

JNB(QF) - SYD(QF) - MEL(QF) - SYD(JL) - NRT(UL) - CMB(UL) - KUL(MH) - RGN(KA) - HKG(CX) - LAX - JFK(AA) - CUN(AA) - MIA(AA) - SCL(LA) - GIG(BA) - LHR(BA) - EBB < 16 segments total

The only thing is from JNB I must go to Melbourne before Sydney (family reasons and no direct JNB-MEL flight) therefore I'm "wasting" 2 x sectors in short hops from SYD-MEL-SYD.

Can anybody see a way in this itinerary to do any one of the following, maybe by deleting the inefficient SYD-MEL-SYD legs and me just buying a separate ticket for those:
- Get from Cape Town to/from JNB?
- Add another destination in South or Central America (but not EZE or LIM; already been there on previous trips)?
- Going to Port Moresby (POM)?

Last edited by creampuff; Oct 21, 2014 at 4:07 am