FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any recent stays at the Windsor Court in New Orleans?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by juuceman
Reading these, and other comments in this thread, I wonder why people would stay here over the Ritz. I understand that the initial poster wanted feedback on an alternate property as the Ritz and its club floor was not available to book, but over 4+ years I've had multiple seamless and highly pampering visits to the Ritz Carlton New Orleans. Front desk, hard product, and house staff are all wonderful. It gets a bit crowded, especially during convention/event weekends, but they deal with it well.
The OP here. Since starting this thread, I have not been back to the Windsor Court and have stayed at the Ritz (usually on the club level, but sometimes the regular rooms) countless times. The Ritz is not as good as the Windsor Court could be, but it's better than the Windsor Court actually is (albeit based on my dates Windsor Court experiences).

BTW, for those who find the club level layout odd, you're missing the best part of this hotel relative to other Ritz Carltons: the club level and club rooms are practically a separate hotel-within-a-hotel, rather than just segregated floors, as is the case at the Windsor Court and most other Ritz properties. Yes, the layout can be confusing if you're not familiar with it, but once you get to know it, it's awesome. (And I'm happy to answer any questions to make it less confusing to folks. But once you're checked in, you never need to go to or through the "regular" non club level parts of the hotel again.)