FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A request for the gentlemen re in-flight lavs.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:31 pm
Jade_BR

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by sgfood
Knowing this happens frequently I'm absolutely amazed at the number of passengers going to the restroom in their bare feet or just socks, This seems to happen more on internationals the later the flight gets.
I've seen people go barefoot to the lav. I try not to look.

But then again I see people do the oddest things on planes. Top of my list was the guy who clipped his toenails in BF on a EWR-HKG flight two minutes before dinner was served.

I am not particularly squirmish, but I do expect adults to clean up after themselves. Something spills (whatever it is), you mop it up. I expect it from a passenger AND from the crew. Remember, in this instance the last two occupants of the lav were from the cockpit.

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I guess no more than paper refill. Never seen a FA actively cleaning the lavs, and I'd say rightfully so. Their task is different.
I agree, but as I came out of the lav, one of the FAs was just outside so I told her "watch out, the gentlemen don't have very good aim today, it's awful in there".

She thanked me for the warning, and instead of going straight in she pulled a blue bag from the cabinet first. I don't know if she cleaned up in there or not, but I feel bad if she did, definitely not her job.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of the same member.