FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta International In-cabin Dog
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:25 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
OT but at the risk of letting the dogs out...I've seen this happen on an international flight and it was nonrevs who moved. The flight had a weight & balance issue such that they wanted to minimize weight in the forward cabin for takeoff and landing. The captain, GA & on-board leader discussed it and as nonrevs were cleared they were told the procedure to follow - sit in coach until cruising altitude, then moved to a designated seat in J.

Of course I can't say that's what happened on your flight, simply providing some context having seen it happen before.
That's was my suspicion, but weight and balance issues on a 767 would seem odd. Also, I wonder whether in such a case, the non revs would have coach or BE seat assignments according to the official flight records.

Nevertheless, if dogs aren't allowed in BE, then a nonrev shouldn't be allowed to bring a dog into BE, nor should the dog be out of the carrier during the flight.

Similarly, if a nonrev is traveling with small children who are too young for premium cabin nonrev seats, then such children should not be allowed to move into BE during the flight.