FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:03 am
tide

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
My last flight a couple of days ago we checked in BKK for BKK/NRT/SFO. AND couldn't process my wife's ticket because she has a green card and they don't have the ability to process a green card (in BKK). So they gave me both boarding passes in BKK but my wife only to NRT. They told her she'd have to check in again in NRT.
Originally Posted by tide
I suspect the green card issue has to do with NH-to-UA connection -in the past, I have had colleagues on green cards who used to fly on the redeye NH (now gone sadly) departing BKK-to morning NH NRT-US connections with zero issues.
I had the opportunity recently flying NH out of BKK to ask NH ground staff about green cards and difficulty of obtaining UA BPs for onward travel to the US.

This is true. According to them, when UA exited the BKK market and closed down operations, they also blocked NH from issuing BPs that require a doc check (green cards, visas etc). Previously, NH was able to issue such UA BPs while performing doc check in BKK. So, this appears to be at UA's doing.