FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Knee Defender Gadget
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:58 pm
BadgerBoi

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by bookeew
Of course not, it's no only about reclining, it's about how you decide to recline. If you turn around and check that it's okay, please go ahead and recline. I'm not going to be offended. If you are not paying attention to your surroundings and instead hit it with full force, I will not pay attention to my surroundings either. Respect goes both ways.

If you travel for business, not using a laptop is often not an option and using it on my lap doesn't really work on the small spaces the airline provides (C/J is not always available last minute on the routes I fly; I generally fly C/J but not always I can). Tablets don't work as an alternative in my line of work either.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not assaulting anyone, I'm just using what the airline gave me and what is -as you see it- my right to use. I'm doing the same as you are, with the same level of respect to my fellow travellers. Don't be a douche and check your surroundings when traveling and I will be a pleasant traveller alongside you.

Keep in mind that the problem are not people who travel frequently, they are not the ones causing problems by not paying attention (most of them do). People who travel much less are. They are unaware of the issues that come with the different "rights" the airline gives you and just recline. I told people that I was using a notebook and it'd be great if they could be careful or give me a heads up, not only 10 minutes later they crashed their seat into full recline and nearly destroyed my stuff. This happened to me once too many times. Now it's C/J or the Knee Defender.

I had passengers and the FA tell me to remove the device multiple times (since the passenger didn't bother to talk to me), I have no problem with that. You most certainly should be able to recline, all I'm asking for is that you are aware of your surroundings. I am also still using the very same Knee Defender I have used the very first time.

- bookeew
I'm getting the popcorn out after this one...