FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips on how to convince a lounge dragon...
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:57 pm
Ahmed777

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
"The Skywards Skysurfers Website, in conjunction with the Skywards frequent flyer programme, is operated for persons aged between two and 16 years of age by Emirates (a decree corporation established in Dubai, United Arab Emirates) on behalf of itself(the Operator)."

Just noticed this! Quickly fired off an email to EK about it and awaiting the response. I hope that the transition is quick and easy, as I currently have 2 Y-J upgrades booked on miles DXB-LGW and LGW-DXB for December.

Also, does anyone know if, in the transition, your Tier miles are affected or zeroed? I would hope not.

With regards to the lounges worldwide, I am allowed into LHR about 90 percent of the time, and I am allowed into the DUR lounge always, since I am EK Gold, SA Gold and have Investec Private Banking, which all grant me access there.

I was told by Elixir that they are trying to be more consistent with lounge access in outstations, and that I shouldn't get used to them bending the rules so often.

Maybe it would be a good idea to go down to the gate and find a random to take in. That could work.

Also the idea about leaving my passport with them was quite good, but Elixir has made it clear that she isnt breaching the rules for anyone, which I respect.

Let's hope I depart from B or C next time, as I don't know their supervisors! (yet)