FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:20 am
coltonatx

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Quote:

Originally Posted by coltonatx

I'll ask this question again. I've been a customer with WF customer for 15 years and my only CC with them is a Visa Signature card, which earns such points at a 1:1 ratio.

I contemplated applying for the card on this thread, but when I called WF, the CSRs told me I may not qualify for the 6-month promotion since I already have a CC with WF.

Has anyone been able to open this CC already having another product with them?
Thanks

I would say go ahead and apply. Getting a bonus on one card product does not exclude you from getting the bonus on a separate product
But you will want to apply and not just product change

Edit
in Rereading your post, the CSR might be right
But, it is for this reason exactly that banks (even Chase) have started editing their T%C to say that, you are indeed eligible for the Bonus offer again if you cancel (depending on account age,product change might be better) the card in question, and just reapply. (so long as you have not received a signup offer for this card in at least 24 months

Also, if you are as good of a wells Fargo customer as you say you are, you might consider applying for the wells Fargo propel series of cards. The world edition AMEX gives you 40k points to start, has some decent category bonuses, and also gives a "relationship bonus" of up to 50% at the end of the year depending on the depth of your relationship with Wells Fargo

Hope that helps
This is what worries. All their cash back cards have the following terms added:

Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below.