FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:28 am
fireworksboy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
sooo i just made an IHG account and then signed up for these...and then i saw this thread! should i just scrap this IHG account and make a new one? i have a stay coming up on nov 10 and was about to apply for the IHG chase card.

if i make a new account, can i use any codes at all or just dont risk it?

New Stay Bonus – 4040 (1500 points)
Anniversary Bonus – 8000 (1000 points)
New Member Bonus – 9944 (3000 points)
Gold Bonus - 8301 (1000 points)
Platinum Bonus - 8317 (5000 points) <-- if i get the chase IHG card that puts me at platinum elite status, will i get these 5k points too?
Weekend Stay Bonus - 6796 (? points)
Book With Us - 5147 (4000 points)
I understand how you could sign up for a new acct and not seen this thread. I get that. But after reading the thread, you still feel the need to ask? I don't get it. Currently, you've got nothing at risk and there's zero penalty to starting over - that's the safe way and only way to protect any earning your about to put together.

Bottom line is only risk (register for codes that weren't specifically sent to you) a point balance you're willing to lose.

After all that, you still want to register for new codes with a second acct? Really? Just feel lucky that you're timing couldn't have been better and move on. As someone said above, register for the national promo, you should get some pretty easy hurdles and point earning.

Skirting the system and earning points thru gaming the lack of controls at ihg are over. Unfortunately.