FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Speculation and discussion of what the new merged FFP might look like (conso
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:37 pm
middlekingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Ronson View Post
From what i've heard there will be an announcement regarding the combined FFP tomorrow (Oct 17th). 80% positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlekingdom View Post
October 17th is today, any updates? Most of us would like to have clarity not only for 2016 but for 2015, given the differences between AA and US
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWAAA View Post
it's now after 7 pm in Texas, so I don't think we're going to see an announcement today. Maybe next Friday.

If it's good news, I'd expect to see an announcement early in the day, early in the week. Bad news is usually released at 5 pm on Friday.

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'd question the veracity of this report entirely.

While I cannot comment on the veracity, I would hope that they would announce something sooner rather than later, else status quo should remain for 2015. I would hope that better senses will prevail and they would not make changes with negative impacts, midway through the year. Of course they can make changes at any time, with no notice and immediate effect. There is a precedence for it.

I think it was in 2008 that US suddenly decided it was actual miles flown and not the 500 minimum (if you took a short hop of say 300 miles, you would get only 300 not 500 miles). Of course they reversed the decision the same year, when they became the only one doing it. That was the year they decided that they would charge for soft drinks and water, but that got changed also.

Last edited by middlekingdom; Oct 18, 2014 at 12:45 pm