FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:17 am
Benzin

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by Herman ze German
Since I need some TPs and I always wanted to go to HEL, I will do so next month. Do they provide Towels and are there lockers for Hand luggage? I might go early and try the Sauna.
There are lockers for your valuables right next to the welcome desk. From there you will continue a longish corridor to a hall with doors to private shower cabinets in which you will find towels. You can lock the door from inside. You can strip down and wear a towel and go back to the hall (and leave your cabinet unlocked as there is no way to lock it from outside, you will leave all your clothes etc. unattended in your "private" cabinet..!) Then you will enter the small shower room from the hall. In the shower room there are two showers and a glass door opposite them that leads directly to the sauna. So people sitting in the sauna (preferrably wearing a towel) will have direct sight at least to the shower on the left. How cool is that..! The sauna has an always-on stove that has a lid that you will operate with a switch on the wall. It takes around 30 secs for the noisy lid to open. But the heat is pretty good. And after sweating you will shower in front of everyone in the sauna. And walk back to "your" shower cabinet hoping your clothes are still there. (Of course you can skip showering in the common cabinet and head directly to "your private" cabinet.)

I find the logistics very strange. I have seen several other kinds of unisex saunas and they normally have two separate shower cabinets with no visual from the sauna, one for the ladies and one for the gentlemen, after a shower one can comfortably wear the towel and enter the sauna when ready. This sauna is very strange if you ask me. It's like my private sauna at home.

Last edited by Benzin; Oct 18, 2014 at 10:18 am Reason: typos