FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My family and I have had issues with transborder flights. If one can not add one's frequent flyer number and/or nexus number, then the TSA may not recognize you as a frequent flyer - then one more often gets the dreaded SSSS printed on the boarding pass.

Several months ago, I flew transborder on someone else's Aeroplan award ticket. I could only add my (SE) frequent flyer number and nexus number at airport check-in - I got the SSSS.

My sister-in-law recently flew from YEG to KOA via YYC and LAX. She flew economy class on an Aeroplan frequent flyer award from my SE account. She could not (for some technical reasons) add on-line or through the AC telephone reservations agent her FF number and her nexus number; it was added at the check-in counter. The dreaded SSSS. Same thing happened a few months earlier with my daughter (flying with myself and my wife) - her frequent flyer number and nexus number could only be added at airport check-in; SSSS was printed on the boarding pass.