FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Fleet : New aircraft arrivals and retirements master tracker
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:44 am
Flying Doctor

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct, seven at present but only four by Christmas. All OF B747s will be gone by winter 2015.
That's interesting that there will only be 4 OF frames by December 2014. Does that mean since there will have to be NF frames serving the 4 routes on which OF will be sold as J that there may be some reinstatement of F sales on one of the routes - I doubt that many flights will have sold out to the extent that that F could not be reinstated even if there were a couple of upgrades if J sales were very heavy...... Also wonder if OF will actually vanish a bit early - it certainly seems that by Winter 2015 schedule it will have gone - I guess it depends on how the 747-400 retirements progress. I also suspect that the 86J Mega-J 747-400 configuration that has been mooted will only occur after the end of OF and I suspect that if this is a serious consideration then this could start soon. No doubt that bigger J cabins and smaller Y ones are the way BA is going and big Y cabins are the big headache for BA with the A380......

FD.