FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Payless is SHADY
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:26 pm
randix

Gotta say...

I've been renting cars pretty much 365 days a year for a decade, and I really can't emphasize how I don't trust any of them. Hertz is definitely 5 steps above most, but I can't emphasize how much it pays to take extra precaution to listen, look, and document (including making use of your cell phone camera). You really cannot do enuf to take simple defensive precautions, as most of the rental companies vary so much in employee quality and policies, that you never know when you're gonna get an arrow whizzed your way.

I do make use of low cost rental companies when it's available, but I'm suspicious from the start and never trust, no matter how much they recognize my friendly face.

Right or wrong, I've come to accept that rental car companies are my adversary, and you'd be nuts to not treat them that way. If given the opportunity, that friendly smile you may or may not have seen when you booked your rental, will turn into a monster when the opportunity presents itself and someone at the rental company decides to take notice and advantage.

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
As promised I`ve stayed away from Payless and just had a great experience with Hertz..Its worth a few extra dollars to deal with a reputable company and not have the Fear & Anxiety of dealing with PAYLESS..