FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Entry Into Argentina For No Reason - Ideas?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:10 pm
cyclogenesis

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by NoEvitaLover
My nephew was just denied access to Argentina/Buenos Aires this AM.

US Citizen, no Police issues anywhere or ever, cash in his pocket and return ticket.

The only problem was he knew the name but not the address of the Hotel he was staying in, and didn't know the name of the college my daughter is attending down there.

He was going down to meet my sister and visit my daughter for a 2 week vacation.

They gave him no explanation, just put him on the first plane out.

Really looks like they were just screwing with an American because they had nothing else to do at 1:30 AM

Is there any recourse for something like this or is he just SOL?
I feel for you, but just saying as a foreign national here in the USA anytime some one arrives in the USA and does not know the address of the place they are staying they will get issues..

My very first time traveling to the USA back in 2003 I was visiting a mate in San Diego.. He was picking me up from the airport..

On entry at LAX I was asked what the address I was staying at to which I responded NFI.. In the end after much awkwardness the immigration fellow (who now I recognize as a FREAKING LEGEND) said "Sir, if you told me you were staying at the San Diego Hilton I would have no issues" To which I said "I am staying at the San Diego Hilton"

I imagine, that day, if I had gotten the wrong person I would never have been allowed entry and now whenever I have folks visiting me or my institution I thoroughly breif them.

I think your son got the wrong guy. I do not think the Argentinian authorities want to deny anyone.. folks in = money for the country..

Just saying, glass houses.. stones.. yeah..