View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:47 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Blub1900
Hello,

I have a question and would be very thankfull if someone can help us.
We are 4 people with Italien passports and we are currently in Canada and want to visit Chicago for a few days.
We want to use the US pre-clearance in Toronto, because our flight goes from there. My question now is. If someone of us gets denied entry into the US for whatever reason..... do we than all have to re-enter the host-country through Canada Immigration or can we simply walk out of the preclearance area and leave the airport again?
I hope someone can help us with this question.
thanks!
If your trip originates at YYZ, then you can simply walk back out via the CBP PreClearance line that brought you to the CBP desk. The exception may be if Canadian law enforcement officers are there and US CBP asks them to detain/arrest a person.

If the scheduled trip to the U.S. involves YYZ as a transit point on the trip itinerary rather than with YYZ being trip origin point, it can be a bit more complicated, but if you were admitted to Canada already, then you are almost certainly re-admissible to Canada unless the stay would result in an overstay violation of Canadian law or something suddenly pops up on the Canadian used systems that flags the person down.