FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REFUSED upgrade at fairfield inn buckhead atl
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:35 am
HereAndThere

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
I think the OP was entirely appropriate with his actions. Frankly, I don't understand the posts that seem to make him wrong in one way or another. Why bring his girlfriend into this and assume she somehow may have been neglected by his actions? Maybe she encouraged him to do something? And maybe this is so speculative that it is reaching for the moon to make the OP wrong?

Why not also assume that he neglected some family member because he could have called the family member instead of taking the time to talk to Marriott staff about this. Or he could have read a short story that would have been much more of a growth experience than taking time to talk with Marriott staff. And if he had let the situation go and done nothing, then I have no doubt that someone would have criticized him for not standing up for himself or for letting the hotel set a precedent that will affect other flyertalkers.

It is one thing for posters to say they would have handled this differently, but that can be done without seeming to imply or saying that other ways of handling the situation are wrong.