FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:15 pm
OsoJoe

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My friend that I got signed up for the Road challenge emailed me tonight with a screen pic saying "Congrats You've Achieved Gold Status". I'm wondering if he got the Taste email you all got, which gives Gold. The problem is he's halfway through the Road & only needs 3 more stays. If they signed him up for the Taste they want 6 more out of him. What did the email that the recent Taste people got say? Any info appreciated.

Cheers.
Subject: Congratulations, Gold Elite Upgrade For you

Body:Your Gold upgrade begins now
Congratulations, you have been upgraded to Gold Elite Status! Your benefits now include lounge access, room upgrades and free Internet.1 2 3
Book Now
We are upgrading you for the next three months so that you can experience Gold Elite Status firsthand. To extend your upgrade:

Stay* 6 times between 10/13/2014 and 01/31/2015.

Enjoy your elevated status through February, 2016.
With 3,800 hotels across 15 distinctive brands, upgrading to Gold Elite has never been easier.
* A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel. regardless of check-in/check out activity.
We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels soon.

From the people who posted that received this, this e-mail may have been targeted at people who stay outside the US. Of the all the nights I have so far, only 2 have been in the US.