FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa's *NEW* Business Class! B747-8 with lie-flats, LAX-FRA
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:04 pm
SFflyer123

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Madone59
The new C on the 748 looks great, thank you for sharing. ^

You slept for 7 hours so clear the bed was good - anything you can compare it to?

Thanks!
Thank you for the comment. It's not as good as LX, but it's a little better than UA.

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Great trip report, really enjoyed.

I believe it's the same seat UA uses on it's 2-class planes (and AA on the A321), but arranged to face inwards towards each other.
Thank you for the comment.

Originally Posted by jacobac00
Great report SFflyer123. I always enjoy your videos. Looks like a very nice flight.
Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I just got off F in the 748i and loved the plane...was quiet, smooth and graceful. Before Christmas I have your opposite route and I am flying FRA-LAX-MRY since I knew it would have the proper J and not take the gamble on J in the A380 flying into SFO instead.
Thanks. Some A380s have the new J, so you may get it at some point.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
I am not impressed by the Haagen Dazs ice cream. I find it really cheapo for Business class.
Thanks for the comment. I guess it isn't very expensive or hard to obtain, really...

I don't mind the HD. I've had it in NH J and also in the OZ F lounge.
Thanks for the comment.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Great trip report as usual SFflyer123!

I'll be flying the new business class on LH on their A380 in December, IAH-FRA.

That Star Alliance lounge looked great, even better than the one at LHR. Too bad they don't have one at IAH.

What stood out to me that I find most alarming is that it appears your seatmate is wearing Reagan-era DOCKSIDERS?? Whaaaaat? Didn't think they made those in years.
Thank you so much. I flew FRA-IAH, and yes, the new J is there. They solved the foot problem in the A380 new LH J, and I'll show my report in a bit.

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
the amount of space between you and the otherpersons feet is disturbing...
they changed this in the A380, but I agree with you.

Originally Posted by fpc552
I believe you are referring the B/E Parallel Diamond. It isn't.
Thanks for the reply.

They've never left the Prep set and about 2008 boat shoes resurfaced as being "cool" and done from John Varvatos, Ralph Lauren and even Prada and Louis Vuitton.
You guys know way more about fashion than I do!