FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scotland scenery road trip from and to the Midlands
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:17 pm
JohnnyColombia
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by tev9999
What Sat Nav were you using?

I am planning on getting a Vodafone SIM when I arrive in London so I can use Google Maps to navigate on my Nexus 5 phone. I have already downloaded much of Scotland for offline navigation in case I am without a signal. (Just type "OK Maps" into the search bar and your phone will prompt you to pan/zoom to the area you want to save.)
I am using the Sat Nav in the dashboard of the Mercedes Benz. It has it's good points. It is great at knowing traffic conditions and recalculating routes. Horrible for telling you to turn off when there is no street to turn into. Also on a motorway it says "move over to the left" without actually saying leave the motorway. "Move over to the left" is something it regularly says anyway when not leaving a road.

Not too disappointed. Saved me a lot of map reading, just caused a few frustrations.

I am roaming on Vodafone and it is awful. Best I can get in most areas with coverage is Edge or GPRS, momentarily got 3G in Edinburgh, no LTE at all and for most of the trip (including now) I have had no data coverage at all.