FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck "Random" Extra Screening?
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:04 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Ugh. And I saw this yesterday at BOS; lady went through after being admonished not to remove her shoes, alarmed, and they sent her over to the nude-o-scan because of the shoes alarming. (The WTMD agent even said, "Her shoes alarmed.")

I wondered what the deal was... now I know.

I hope that the "RANDOM" alarms still mean just a hand swab? As I get those fairly regularly. I'm used to walking through, no beep, and about a second later, the WTMD beeps and they do the hand swab.

This as locations roll out new & improved ETD swab machines to boot! (Wonder who and how much profited from that?!)

Originally Posted by pragakhan
I don't know what the hub bub about belts and Kleenex is, I have gone through the raise the roof scanner a bunch of times and keep all kinds of jazz in my pockets and on my person. YMMV?
I have been yelled at for having a dime in my pocket. I've been patted down for a necklace and a watch. I've also been fussed at by the TSA for having a contact lens case in my pocket.

Also, I'm not exactly thrilled to be able to have my wallet at the WTMD, then be sent to the nude-o-scope and required to remove my wallet. I'm separated from my carry-ons, and now my wallet. Not good.