FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REFUSED upgrade at fairfield inn buckhead atl
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:25 pm
alrvd83

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, I'm going to be the contrarian here. A bit disappointed in you.

You complained the next morning and were given the $25 and 3,000 points. For a short stay at a FI that's a good resolution.

I'm confused on why you decided to then email to the GM regarding something that had already been satisfactorily resolved - and why you then accepted even more points. Seems like a bit of grab as much as you can to me.

IMO the right thing to do, if you were going to bother emailing, was to say hey I had this situation, it could have been handled better by the original FDC so you may want to review policies with her to make sure it doesn't happen again, but the morning clerk handled it well so kudos to him/pass along my regards. Not asking for comp as the morning clerk took care of that, just wanted to let you know of the situation.

Cheers
Why not ask me what my email consisted of before assuming what it contained?

In that email,
-I mentioned that the agent that morning had done such things to pacify the incident
-I explained the situation fully so that she could be aware of it for future reference
-I didn't ask for anything extra
-overall I articulated everything you said above and more
I didn't even expect a response or a call as it was simply an informative email so that the person in charge can make changes to prevent further occurrences from happening.

So Saturday night right after the incident occurred, my gf and I went to dinner 30 min later. I then called & complained with marriott customer care. They emailed the mgr directly, but at first offered to call the front desk and see what was up but I insited them not too. I didn't want to return to the hotel and deal with that woman! When the mgr surprisingly called me today, she was responding to customer cares email but ironically had not received mine. Even after checking and confirming the email address with her on the phone, she wasn't sure why she hadn't received the email. She also said that she was new to the job etc.

She wanted to hear my side of the story. So I explained everything that happened and what the great agent that morning had done. As I mentioned above, she was quite appalled. She honestly seemed embarrassed and even said "I see why the mgr before me left..."

In the end, I'm not going to turn down more pts when the mgr insists that she go above and beyond to placate the situation. She literally offered up a free night to return to the hotel. Informing management honestly without expecting something in return, sometimes brings about a nice gesture regardless. Morale of this story