FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok site inspections - FS, St. Regis, The Siam
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:55 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by makin'miles
After a couple of stays, I really find the Four Seasons BKK a bit 'meh'. The staff and service is generally. good, of course, but the look is rather dated, the pool often has too many children making noise, and the breakfast area can be hectic and overrun (least impressive aspect of the property, IMO).

Maybe it comes down to personal taste, but the FS really isn't even close to my go-to in Bangkok. Even some of the decidedly mid-range places do some things much better (such as breakfast at both Le Meridien Bangkok and the Metropolitan).
I have never had breakfast downstairs, always room service or executive club. I find breakfast there quite good, but then again a lot of Bangkok hotels as you say have wonderful breakfast spreads.

Cooked to order hot items in the executive club are a plus.

While it is not a new hotel, I feel it has aged well. I love the teak wood and the Thai artwork in the rooms and suites, as well as the public spaces. The floral arrangements in the lobby are beautiful, and for me the entire hotel exudes elegance.

The front desk and concierge team, management, and many other staff members really embody the Four Seasons ethic. The level of caring and personalized service I received on a recent stay was extraordinary.